What exactly is a wedding consultant? A consultant’s primary function is to help a couple discover and implement and manage all of the necessary tasks required to host a successful wedding event. In layman’s terms, the role of the wedding consultant is that of a facilitator, mediator, money manager, artisan and constructor of dreams. Since most brides & grooms-to-be have neither the time or the resources to pull off such a social chore, many are turning to the “pro’s” to handle it for them. A good consultant should be able to do just that, “handle” the situation.Weddings are actually very complex emotional mazes and even the most well-planned, beautifully orchestrated event has some sort of emotional twist or turn that a consultant must be able to skilfully negotiate.
The wedding planner is the one person who knows the most about the event. It is imperative that the consultant literally be “on top” of everything, every finite detail. One never knows when pandemonium may break out or when the bride (or her mother ) may call for an update on a certain portion of the wedding. Knowing all of the little intricacies on the event allows the consultant a fair amount of control. Control is an important issue when it comes to dealing with a group of people (no matter what the occasion !). This is not to say that the wedding consultant will rule the event with an iron fist, rather it means that he or she will have the capability and the confidence in knowing all of the issues and their meanings as they pertain to a particular wedding.
And BH Bridal Bliss is all of this plus more. Contact us for your free consultation today!
1. Use all local wedding vendors.
2. Purchase wedding shoes that you will wear again.
3. Give antique wedding bands to each other.
4. Decorate with branches or the natural surroundings.
5. Use beeswax candles or soy-based candles.
6. When printing for your wedding, use a printer that can use paper with a high percentage of post-consumer recycled content.
7. Buy a diamond mined from Canada or Australia for your engagement ring.
8. Wear a dress made of raw silk.
9. Use locally grown flowers for your arrangements.
10. Instead of giving away traditional wedding favors, you can donate to charitable institutions.
We got this list from our friends at Couture Colorado and had to add it to our– thanks for letting us add it to our blog!
Your dear friend or sister announces she’s engaged. She wants you to be her maid of honor. It goes without saying you’re thrilled for her. But – does this mean you’ll have to plan at least one bridal shower? Not to mention, wear a dress not of your own choosing and find the perfect gift?
If you’re worried about the bridal shower below are some ideas that BH Bridal Bliss has put together for you to follow. Use these tips to ensure that the bridal shower that you’re throwing is enjoyable for you and the bride!
* Accept help. When the bride’s mother or other guests ask if they can bring anything, say yes. Ask them to bring something you don’t especially enjoy preparing or something you know is that person’s specialty, which the bride really loves. Or have each guest bring a dessert or appetizer, so you can focus solely on the rest of the party and fun. Offers to help are gifts, so allow other bridesmaids or friends to assist if they offer. Working together can add to the shower fun, and give you stories to share as you continue down the wedding day road.
* Go the healthy route. The bride, her bridesmaids and the mother of the bride all want to fit into their dresses when the big day finally arrives. The most thoughtful meal you can offer your guests is a delicious and healthful one. Provide great-tasting, nutritious snacks that go easy on salt, fat, sugar and other potentially unhealthy ingredients and your guests will fondly remember your hospitality.
* Remake everyday favorites. Great dishes don’t require hours in the kitchen. Make your easy-to-prepare favorites and dress them up with special festive seasonings. Try distinctive seasoning blends like curry or Italian seasoning, or even seasoned sugar combinations like lemon sugar or cinnamon sugar for a gourmet touch. For example: Add a liberal dose of a spice like oregano, basil or cayenne (or an herbal seasoning blend) along with some garlic and Parmesan cheese to your usual mashed potatoes and you’ll instantly serve something out of the ordinary.
* Use clever shortcuts. For inviting flavor without fuss, keep a supply of natural dressing and dip mixes on hand for fresh, homemade appetizers and snacks. Add a dip or dressing mix, such as creamy dill, French onion, guacamole or ranch to equal parts of low-fat cottage cheese and non-fat plain yogurt and mix in a blender or food processor until smooth. Serve with fresh veggies you can buy already cleaned and cut up at the store.
* Plan and shop wisely. Don’t exhaust yourself shopping. Outline your menu – including impromptu snacks – ahead of time. Then pick up everything non-perishable at the same time, eliminating last-minute sprints to the grocery store. Don’t panic if your grocer is missing that key spice ingredient since it’s easier than ever to order online. For example, Simply Organic carries culinary items like organic spices, seasoning blends, baking extracts and flavors, gluten-free baking mixes and other cooking ingredients and supplies – which they will ship to you within a few days of your order.
Here are two great examples of healthy bridal shower dishes from the Simply Organic recipe collection that are easy to prepare:
Strawberry Spice Muffins
* 1 package Simply Organic Carrot Cake Mix
* 1/3 cup water
* 2 large beaten eggs
* 1 cup very finely diced strawberries
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, combine carrot cake baking mix, water and eggs. Blend until just moist. Fold strawberries into blend. Pour into well-greased or lined muffin pan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Makes 12 regular-size muffins or six large muffins.
Top with cream cheese frosting and sliced strawberries.
Spicy Clementine Salad
* Fresh mixed greens
* Feta cheese
* Clementine orange slices
* 1/2 cup juice from fresh Clementine oranges
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/4 cup water
* 1 package Simply Organic Salsa Dip Mix
Layer greens, cheese and orange slices on a salad plate. Whisk the rest of the ingredients together. Chill until ready to serve, stirring right before drizzling on mixed greens.
For more delicious, healthy and easy recipes, visit www.simplyorganicfoods.com and click on the recipe drop-down menu. And if you’re still looking for help on planning a great bridal shower, bachelorette party, or an entire wedding – make sure you contact BH Bridal Bliss!
Courtesy of ARAcontent